Lawrence County is fortunate to have a beautiful selection of old buildings and structures, with many interesting architectural details, but most of us tend to not look closely at these sometimes obscure elements. The purpose of this contest is to highlight these features as well as raise funds for Lawrence County Partners for Preservation, (LCPP), a non-profit organization that has been established to work to preserve our historical landmarks and architecture for future generations to enjoy.
For more information about LCPP follow us on our Facebook page and check out our web page at http://www.lcppreserve.org/
Contest Information and Rules:
- This contest is open to individuals (ages 12+), living in or outside of Lawrence County Pennsylvania.
- Entries must be an original photo taken by the artist, showing some architectural detail of a structure (interior or exterior), over 50 years old, such as a building, house, church, cemetery, barn, bridge, etc. in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania. The architectural details should be obvious and be the main focus of the photo. Photos may be enhanced but the feature must be recognizable and suitable viewing for all age groups. Photos can be in color, sepia, or black and white.
- Print photos to 11×14 size and securely tape to a 16×20 white or off-white plain photo mat (available at most crafts stores or on-line).
- You may enter up to 3 photographs. There is a $10 non-refundable entrance fee for each entry. Photos must be dropped off at the Lawrence County Historical Society (LCHS) Annex building at 408 North Jefferson Street, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. by Saturday, July 13, 2019. Winners will be announced by Saturday, July 20.
- Photos will be framed for an exhibition at The Confluence in downtown New Castle from August 6 to October 17. Photos may be picked up during regular business hours, at the LCHS after October 26 and until November 9. If other arrangements are not made, photos not picked up will be disposed of.
- The following information must be clearly printed on, or attached to, the back of each photo: Title of photo, selling price of photo (if applicable), your name, phone number, mailing address, email address, and location of photo. An introductory statement will be created from the above information. A complete entry form must also accompany your photos.
- Participants agree to provide a digital copy, or allow LCPP to digitally copy and use their photos in LCPP’s literature and publicity. Artist will be credited.
- We will take great care with your art, but LCPP, Lawrence County Historical Society (LCHS), Arts & Education at the Hoyt, and The Confluence cannot be held liable for damages that might be incurred during the time your photos are in their possession. If desired, artists may provide their own exhibition insurance.
1st place …… $100
3 Honorable Mention – $10 each