Lawrence County is fortunate to have a beautiful selection of old buildings and structures, with many interesting architectural details, but most of us tend to not look closely at these sometimes obscure elements. The purpose of this contest is to highlight these features as well as raise funds for Lawrence County Partners for Preservation, (LCPP), a new non-profit organization that has been established to work to preserve our historical landmarks and architecture for future generations to enjoy.
For more information about LCPP follow us on our Facebook page and check out our web page at http://www.lcppreserve.org/
Contest Information and Rules:
- This contest is open to individuals (ages 12+), living in or outside of Lawrence County Pennsylvania.
- Entries must be an original photo taken by the artist, showing some architectural detail of a structure (inside or outside), over 50 years old, such as a building, house, church, cemetery, barn, bridge, etc. in Lawrence County. The architectural detail should be obvious and fill most of the photograph (close-up). Photos may be enhanced but the feature must be recognizable and suitable viewing for all age groups. Photos can be in color, sepia, or black and white.
- Print photos to 11×14 size and securely tape to an 16×20 white or off-white photo mat (available at most crafts stores).
- You may enter up to 3 photographs. There is a $10 non-refundable entrance fee for each entry. Photos must be dropped off at the Lawrence County Historical Society (LCHS) Annex building at 408 North Jefferson Street, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. by October 13, 2018. Winners will be notified by October 27, 2018.
- Photos will be framed for exhibition at The Confluence in downtown New Castle from November 8 to December 27, 2018. Photos may be picked up at the Lawrence County Historical Society after December 27, 2018 during regular business hours.
- Print name, phone number, the title and location of photo, and attach to the back of each photo. A complete entry form must also accompany your photos.
- Participants agree to allow LCPP to digitally copy and use their photos in LCPP’s literature and publicity. Artist will be credited.
- We will take great care with your art, but LCPP, LCHS, and The Confluence cannot be held liable for damages that might be incurred during the time your photos are in their possession. If desired, artists may provide their own exhibition insurance.
1st place …… $100
3 Honorable Mention – $10 each